Friday, April 8, 2016

Malusog, Masustansya, at Kayang-Kaya Magnolia Recipe: Bourbon ChickenPasta

Hello again! Since I'm in the mood for cooking and sharing to you my chicken recipes. Here is another Malusog, Masustansya at Kayang-Kaya ( hearty, healthy and easy to do) chicken meal I somehow invented- My Magnolia Bourbon Chicken Pasta!


So for the Ingredients:
1.  3 tbsp chopped Parsley
2.  1tsp lemon zest
3. ½ cup chopped scallions
4. 2 cups chopped onion
5. 2 tbsp Lemon juice
6. 1 whole garlic bulb chopped
7. ½ cup butter



8. 4 to 6 tablespoons Bourbon whiskey (You may use any type of whiskey if bourbon is unavailable.)
9. 1 tablespoon sugar, or more
10.1 teaspoon ground black pepper
11. 2 tbsp Tomato Ketchup
12. 2 tsp. Lea and Perrins Worcestershire Sauce
13. 2 tsp Garlic Powder






14. 2 tbsp Olive oil

15. 3 cups of Chicken Stock



16. 2 tbsp Magnolia All purpose flour
17. Magnolia Nutri-Oil Cooking Oil
18. Purefoods Crispy Fried Chicken
19. Magnolia Quickmelt
20. Pre-cooked Choice of Pasta. ( Mine, I like Angel Hair Pasta. You can use spaghetti or fettuccine too)

Procedure:


1. Put chicken in a bowl. Add Lea and Perrins Worcestershire Sauce, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour.




2. You have now the option to cook your chicken either fried or in a turbo broiler. Mine, I cook my Chicken by Frying in a fryer. Set aside chicken once golden brown.



3. Meanwhile, melt the butter in a sauté pan. Cook the onion for 5 minutes. Add the chicken stock, ketchup, scallions and sugar. Bring to a boil then add the Bourbon whiskey, lemon juice and lemon zest.




4. Simmer and add flour until sauce is slightly thickened. Once sauce is thickened, add your chicken. 



5. Once chicken is fully immersed in the sauce, remove the chicken and set aside again. Place your pre-cooked Al Dente Pasta in your sauce. Mix.

6. Put pasta in a serving bowl. Top with your Bourbon chicken. Pour sauce over chicken and garnish with Quickmelt Cheese and the remaining scallions and parsley. Serve hot. Enjoy!




This is another version how you can cook your chicken in a not so usual way! I know it has Bourbon whisky in this recipe but whisky once cook looses its alcohol content and what it usually leave is its sweet and tangy taste. I think this is my version of an adult Chicken and pasta meal. I love the versatility my PFMC ingredients and that I can whip up many dishes from the many variants of Purefood/Magnolia Items in my pantry!

So I hope you enjoy this unique Chicken recipe! :)


Jamie

No comments: