Sunday, May 12, 2013

How to commute from Bangkok Airport to City

So okay... Since I have been travelling the past few weeks. I think I should make a series of post of hows (to travel cheaply, apply for visas and the likes)and places I've been to.  The first leg of  Southeast Asian tour started with one of my most favorite country: Thailand.

When you're travelling alone, going around could costs a lot-Transportation, hotels,food! but if you know how to go around the city.. well, it could costs you less actually.. Since I've been to Thailand a few times already, let me share to you how to commute if you're coming from Suvarnabhumi (Bangkok) International Airport to the city the easiest and cheapest ways!

There are 4 ways to go about commuting from Airport to City:
1. Taxi
2. Hotel pick-ups
3.Public bus
4.BTS- Airport link

Most expensive from the options will be: Taxi (of course) could cost you from 600-700 baht.
Cheapest and easiest would be: using the BTS-Airport link

After finishing the immigration and baggage claim, accessing the BTS-Airport link is easy. Just head to the lowest floor of  Suvarnabhumi (Bangkok) International Airport. Signs are available to guide you where to go.


Airport Rail link
Daily operating hours: 6:00 am-12:25 am

purchase card using Baht money and coins.
Ticket price costs about 20-35 baht depending on where you are heading.

Ticket/railway coin

Ride is about 20-30 minutes depending on how many people goes in and out. 
After reaching the end line, you can choose to interchange to the next line where you are heading (in my case, my hotel is accessible in the green line-Phaya Thai line)

Stayed in Ibis Hotel-Siam which  alighted from National Stadium station. 
Nice Location, very affordable and near to a grocery, 7-11, malls and hospital

MBK center! 7 floors of shopping galore!


Oh Thailand, I love you dearly!

No comments: