Sunday, February 5, 2012

Star Movies: Movie Marathon Year 2

8 Movies, 100 people, 17 hours and all for the chance to win 100 thousand pesos!


Star Movies Movie Marathon is in there 2nd year wherein 100 contestant vies for the chance to win 100k just by watching movies! Easy right? NOT!


So what's the catch?
  • well, you're competing with 100 people and it is not necessarily there be only one winner as long as there are people who finished the whole marathon then so the prizes be divided with the number of people.
  • You cannot stand, go to the comfort room,stretch,talk with your seatmate, sleep, text or anything else besides watching the movie. Any violation will disqualify you from the contest.
  • 17 hours of movie (which can be a bummer especially if you are as impatience as me)
  • oh, and remember, only 100 people inside the movie house, and it was too damn cold!
  • other clothe material, jackets, coverings are not allowed besides the jacket they gave. Stupidly, I wore shorts and light shirt since I brought an extra jacket and my ever handy shawl/kumot and thought it was allowed. stupid me! so it was extra-cold for me!!
  • there are also other rules as you can read below:


The Venue: Resorts World Movie House
Call time was 7am! and it was friggin' early!! especially when I just came from school and had an exam the next day.. But still, I wanted to push through and join this contest.

Registration
Orientation
Movies we saw:
  • Schindler's List- 3 hours long!! and in black and white! It was boring from the start till the middle and only got my attention during the ending (where I cried by the way..)
  • Jaws 3-BORING
  • Jaws 2-BORING
  • Jaws Revenge-BOOOOORING!
  • Paranormal Activity 2- booooring too!
  • Grease- LOVE!!
  • Bridget's Jones- LOVE!!
  • Indiana Jones- so-so
Before the last movie, we were also asked to removed our jacket and then ask to drink a bottle of water! That was as added tests in our contests as our bladder is already waiting to explode after 15 hours of sitting without any visit to the loo!

But I am proud to say I made it!!! NO CR break! No standing! and most of all, I didn't slept!!!! :)
Congrats to the 27 others who made it!!



Would I join again? YES! :)

It was fun! :)



Congrats Star Movies!


7 comments:

Kramer said...

Hi Jaime...
Congratz!
Thanks for your blog, I was searching for any article / pictures about the event but no luck for me (",) Good thing that you've blogged about this but I think you forgot 1 movie - Paranormal Activity 2 =P
BTW I copied some of the images here and I'm the person seated behind you =)
Thanks again...

jamie said...

hi kramer,

thanks for leaving a comment! ohyeah! i forgot that one! thanks! :)

hahaha, sure go copy the photos! and congrats to us! :)

Anonymous said...

is it possible to use an adult diaper? are they goin to check things like that?

jamie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jamie said...

Hi Anonymous,

Part of the rule, you actually can't use any diapers or they could actually disqualify you when you win.. So that would definitely be a bad idea! Goodluck! :)

Anonymous said...

Do you get to keep the jacket? and what kind of foods and drink did they serve?

jamie said...

Anonymous,

Yup you get to keep the jacket and the food and drinks depend on whom their sponsors are. Believe me, you won't get hungry nor thirsty because they'll be serving you from time to time. :)