Saturday, July 2, 2011

Food Whore

You know, I have never shared how much I love food. Even when I travel, food trips are a must and takes up much of my pocket money. It is because food very much relate how interesting the culture of the cities you visit wherein it tells a story on it's own- through you're taste bud.

So let the food whore begin.. Everything from the Phil and elsewhere. This is my own chronicle of food that went to my stomach! hahaha :)

1. UP isaw ( Pork/Chicken Gizzards)

Can I just say:" Yummy!!!" It is definitely worth the trip to head to the campus of University of the Philippines to try some of the best isaw in town.


2. Roddic's Tapsilog

Another worth going to UP for is Roddic's Tapsilog. No frills and no bullshit. Shredded Beef Tapa, sunny side up egg, plain rice and their own vinegar- and your good to go! This beef tapa is one of the best tapa I've tried so far. Perfect balance of sweetness and spiciness from their vinegar. (Man, I'm hungry now!!)


3. Coffee concoction from GT Dolce cafe, Dagupan City
Quality coffee beans and it definitely shows in the flavor and aroma of the coffees!


4. Wendy's Baconator Burger
Can I die now? This double 1/3 lb- patty with strips of bacon,melted cheese and mushroom is a serious business of heart attack waiting to happen. But this definitely brought me to a happy place. Wasn't able to finish the burger at one sitting though, had to rest then eat the remaining portion.

5. Gloria Maris Red Bean Pao

I'm not a big fan of red beans, but this aesthetically pleasing red bean pao actually tasted nice. Freshly steamed and the red bean pao was actually still hot when I took a bite. yummy.

6. Hongkong's sidewalk turo-turo Shiu-mai (siomai)
I love love love Hongkong's turo turo and would always order this whenever I visit HK.


7. Del Monte Plantation Clubhouse, Cagayan De Oro

Sadly, traveling all the way to Del Monte Clubhouse wasn't worth the trip because the food didn't surpassed my expectations and was quite disappointed how the service went. But just for the case of sharing, here are some of which we ordered:

Porterhouse Steak
(had thick fats) and quite expensive ha.

Round beef
ang tigas tigas lang.

Roast Beef
It was nothing amazing.. just an okay entree..

Burger
this one I kinda liked.

8. Nutella+ Marshmallow
this is heaven!!!!!!!!!!!



9. Gloria Maris Dimsum, scallops entree
I don't know why I am sharing this one. I just know it's kinda expensive and my parents had told me to eat it. I really don't get expensive foods that tastes iffy. I love the cauliflower though! hahaha :)

10. Bonchon Chicken
Thanks to the Allied Credit Card Promo, I got to try the Chicken burger and Chicken Tender Meal of Bonchon Chicken. Their Chicken is incomparable with other chicken out there. It has it's own unique taste and it was good! Sweet and spicy!





11. Ginataang Lapu-Lapu
First time I tried cooking such laborious meal. The family was able to try it. I guess it was good enough for my first try. :)

11. Baby Back Ribs
I learned this one from my cooking class and decided to try cooking it at home. Sadly the pork had the wrong cut of meat and ended up quite hard to eat. But taste wise, the taste of Baby Back was definitely there! again, practice makes perfect! :)

No comments: